License Requirements


Installation of Electronic Security (Alarm) Access Control & CCTV Systems

In Western Australia, individuals who, for remuneration, consult, install, repair or maintain security alarm systems, CCTV for security purpose, or electronic locks are required to hold a security licence.

Those individuals must work for a business which holds a Security Agent’s licence.

The Licensing Enforcement Division of Western Australia Police is responsible for issuing licences and ensuring compliance with the Security and Related Activities (Control) Act 1996 and Security and Related  Activities (Control) Regulations 1997.

The term ‘Security Purposes’ includes device/system capable of capturing or storage of images or events which be provided to aide in the prosecution of intruder or incident.

Failure to comply these requirements may result in heavy fines and penalties.

Read More….

Security and Related Activities (Control) Act 1996

The Western Australia Police Service is the licensing authority for the Security and Related Activities (Control) Act 1996

This legislation affects any person who wishes to engage in Security occupations. These include Security Agent, Security Officer, Security Consultant, Security Installer, Inquiry Agent, Investigator, Crowd Control Agent, and Crowd Controller.

Any person for whom the license holder is performing a service under that license must on request produce his/her identity card for inspection – section 61 (2) (b).

For a list of all current security licence holders CLICK HERE

Police Licensing Services
Mason Bird Building, 303 Sevenoaks Street
Or if outside a 50km radius of Perth GPO,
the nearest country Police Station